- TRS BLACK EYE BEANS at its best has a sweet savoury taste. It is delicious,soft and very easy to cook. Very satisfying,it is clean in appearance.
- Can be used in cajun and creole cuisine: all manner of stews and pot-based dishes.
- As with all pulses, they are high in protein, low in fat and contain slow-release energy. The low-fat, high-fiber nature of a bean-centered diet means chances are good that you’ll lose weight eating this way.
- Small and quicker to cook than many pulses. Cook for around 30-40 minutes in boiling water. Cooking time decreases if the beans are soaked for a few hours beforehand.
- The flavonoids in beans may help reduce heart disease and cancer risk. Phytosterols, also in legumes, help reduce blood cholesterol levels. Black-eyed peas provide a number of nutrients, are a rich source of fiber and can be used in a number of recipes. For vegetarians, such beans can provide a needed source of iron.